Thursday 11 March 2010

Baker Of Honey Cakes

I have a new recipe book, which I quite frankly adore. To be perfectly honest I think I purchased it more for the photos and imitation fabric pages within it than for the recipes. It is a beautiful book. However, the recipes are delightful and organised by colour! What more could you want.

I immediately wanted to try this recipe for a number of reasons. One it's a honey cake and that, to me conjures up images of Winnie The Pooh and bees and delightful sweet things. I do not think Pooh bear would have eaten this one though for it is quite strange.
The second and third reasons go together. The first being the picture and the second being the fact that the cake contains rosemary. In the picture the cake is beautifully iced with lemon icing and decorated with tiny purple rosemary leaves. My rosemary (or rather my friend's rosemary) did not have any flowers but it looked pretty good all the same. There was also a tablespoon of finely chopped rosemary leaves inside the actual cake mix. My mother was quite concerned when I was making it that the cake would not be 'cake like,' for neither of us had ever heard of a cake containing rosemary.

But I have to tell you it was amazing! Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of the final product before it was all eaten but I am sure I will make it again one day and upload the recipe from Tessa Kiros's book Apples for Jam.

My beautiful new book

lovely and fragrant ingredients

all good things go in pots

No comments:

Post a Comment