Wednesday 6 October 2010

Feeling the pull

It is 7 past midnight and I am in an unfortunately hyperactive and creative mood. The reason that this is unfortunate is because I am feeling too creative. I am feeling creative across too many mediums with no actual ideas and all my wants conflict so I can't settle on anything. It is also as I said midnight, and so perhaps not the best time for starting epic creative projects. Thirdly...I think thirdly anyway, is that my craft things are packed in various boxes in varying locations, but the majority are camping out having a party in my new art studio. I am told it has a light switch...but I have yet to locate it. "Just hit the switch inside the door" mum says. Sure, I've tried that. There's 2 and neither work!

Foremost in my creative desires I think is the desire to make a Gibbous style skirt. Right now, this very minute. For one I think it would take me a bit of time to figure out how to aproach said project, though eventually I think I could get it. Secondly I lack varying and interestingly co-ordinating fabrics of a preferably vintage nature. Thirdly I think it would probably take me a number of months to complete so I would fail on all counts of 'I want to make this NOW.'

I have been lusting after one of these skirts for about 2 years now. I think it is high time I went about commissioning one. Gibbous is a group of I think 4 designers with similar styles and techniques. All of their clothes are largely hand sewn and crafted from vintage and reused fabrics. And usually come with a special something like a key or lock or plastic flower attached as well.




Much Love posted about the Creative Collection recently, and I think it might be an idea to let that inspire me into being creative. This is seriously not the best idea, as I have 4 weeks left of UNI and those 4 weeks are filled with soooooo many assignments. Oh well!

1 comment:

  1. love this post :D
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx
    take a peek at my giveaway while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete