Tuesday 29 June 2010

Battle for the sun

Hmm I have no idea what I wore last winter. None! I am sitting here trying to pack for lovely Melbourne which is supposed to be a balmy 10 whole degrees tomorrow. I think that's a top of 10, even better! This would go better if I had a coat. Or boots. These things are at the top of my shopping list for my visit.

So I've managed to put together 2 outfits that will withstand the chill...or at least withstand it as much as I ever do. However, I suspicion that 2 outfits does not last one a week... Dad's girlfriend has recommended thermals and Rosie tells me that yesterday and today have been Melbourne's coldest days in June in 12 years. I am going to DIE.

I came to the realisation last night that it's been at least 2 years, maybe more since I visited dad in winter. Usually I go in October or November. I do remember freezing half to death last time I did go in winter. I remember ducking into completely random shops because I couldn't walk another step down the street without visiting some source of heating. Yes, I get very cold. So cold in fact I am starting to doubt whether or not I will be able to go overseas in the middle of winter. It seems a bit like pure insanity on my behalf... Having said that I prefer to be cold rather than overly hot. Once you are naked you can't take more things off to cool down. And if in public you will be arrested...

In other news, today I saw the new trailer for Deathly Hallows. I got quite distracted by it and stood in the cold in my towel for a good 10 minutes before I realized I was in danger of turning into an icicle. Silly. So exciting. I don't know that I am looking forward to anything quite as much as this. It's a bit bollocks that they are being released nearly 8 months apart though! Part 2 comes out July next year. That's either going to be the best or worst Birthday present ever. A few friends are debating what to take to the cinema with them to distract me from the fact that my obsession of many years will then be completely over forever... They are preparing for some kind of mental breakdown I think.

Last night I went to a friend's house. I am educating her in Harry Potter as she has never read the books, nor seen the films. Another friend of mine threatened to come over with a broom and spray bottle and chase me out of my room if I didn't take the opportunity to be social. Anyway I had gone to bed at 4am the previous 2 nights and so was 'watching' them with my eyes closed. I came to the rather sad realisation that I didn't even have to open my eyes or look at the screen to answer Mel's queries about the films...

I am now more excited about my Birthday party haha. I finished some of the invites today because I have to take some with me to give to people there. I have sealed them with red wax and I fear the seal will not fair well in the post. So it seems I will be delivering them by hand. I would post a picture but that would spoil the surprise for some of the recipients.

x


<br/><a href="http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-trailer/543gxjy?from=sp&fg=sharenoembed" target="_new" title="'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Trailer">Video: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Trailer</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment